Sunday, November 1, 2009

Moroccan Meals

I love Mediterranean food and have been inspired to cook some myself. I worked at Le Pichet for a couple weeks at the beginning of September and fell in love with a grilled merguez, bulgar and Mediterranean salad they have on their menu. Impulsively, I decided to try and recreate the meal without a recipe and ended up with a pretty close approximation. Although, the original was much better over all.

I also made a recipe from Food & Wine Magazine under the section "Best One-Pan Dinners," Moroccan-Spiced Lamb Patties with Peppers and Halloumi. It was delicious, but next time I would knead the lamb less. It was very flavorful but the texture was odd. I really enjoyed the halloumi and will definitely experiment cooking with it again. Possibly halloumi and fig kabobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment